Thermographic paints LabIR® with high emissivity allow accurate non-contact temperature measurement. Many materials (metal, glass, some plastics) with a glossy surface and high reflectivity, with unknown or low emissivity, cause inaccurate or impossible IR camera measurement. LabIR® Paints create a homogeneous layer with high emissivity for very precise measurements.
We are the only company on the market that guarantee emissivity of the paints for a given wavelength, emissivity dependence on the viewing angle and also other characteristics: mechanical resistance, optical impermeability, etc.
paint with high emissivity
high mechanical resistance
for everyday use
suitable for uncooled infrared cameras
for temperatures up to 100°C
suitable for application in electrical equipment (very low conductivity)
We can guarantee all mentioned thermographic paint properties only if you follow the instructions for using the paint that are introduced below.
Instructions for use
- Abrade the surface, clean it, dry it and get rid of grease. Cover other areas where spraying is not to be applied.
- Shake the canister for two minutes and make a test spray.
- Spray from a distance of 25-30 cm. Apply four thin layers, wait for a while and then apply four thin layers again.
- Spray at temperatures 15-25°C. Paint hardening occurs after two hours.
- After use, turn the canister upside down and clean the valve by pressing for a few seconds.
Optical properties - emissivity
- use effective emissivity for non-contact measurement of surface temperature using an infrared camera
- comply with effective emissivity for the correct angle of measurement
- effective emissivity is valid for infrared cameras operating in the wavelength range 7.5 – 13 μm
Documents to download:
- Properties - Data List - HERP-LT-MWIR-BK-11
- Product Leaflet - HERP-LT-MWIR-BK-11
- Safety List - HERP-LT-MWIR-BK-11
acetone, n-butyl acetate, butan-1-ol, propan-2-ol.
Extremely flammable aerosol. Product container is under pressure. When it is heated, it can explode. It causes serious eye irritation. It may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. If medical help is needed, keep handy product container or label. Keep out of the reach of children. Before using. Be sure to read the information on the label. Do not breathe aerosol. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/ hot surfaces. No smoking. Pressure container: Do not pierce or burn even after use. Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source. Protect from sunlight. Avoid temperatures exceeding 50 °C
Contents/ Dispose of container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
Please be aware that according to international transportation rules, paints have to be sent as dangerous goods (UN1950 AEROSOLS, flammable, CLASS 2.1, LTD QTY) so there is an extra shipping fee.
|Yield of paint:||0.5 m2|